Who are we?
The name of our centre was inspired by the eminent pedagogue and scholar Joan Bardina I Castarà (Sant Boi de Llobregat, 1877-Valparaiso, 1950) who, apart from proposing a revolutionary pedagogical model in Catalonia at the beginning of the Twentieth Century, was an important investigator who suggested new social, economic, and political alternatives.
The Centre d’Estudis Joan Bardina is a not-for-profit organisation created in 1984 with the purpose of developing -after Joan Bardina suggestions- studies and proposals that may contribute to design new models of solidarity and living together.
The ongoing investigations proposed years ago by Agustí Chalaux de Subirà are focused on the following:
• Application of «experimental phenomenological empiricism» to the social, economic, and political phenomena, susceptible of being logically analysed and technically experimented with the purpose of finding new structures, favourable to concrete liberties.
• Devise of a univoca terminology essencial in any «scientific» treatment of the phenomena by following the original meaning of the words and their derivations (semantic-etimological-linguistic).
• Interdisciplinary study of the various stages in natural history, particularly the history of the human race as a frame of reference in order to understand the social and mercantile conflicts of today.
• Study on the determining subject of utilitarism in history: economics, invention, enterprise, capital, market, work, currency, ecology.
• Study and proposal on the rationalization of currency in order to convert it into a tool that may allot responsibility, offer all and every kind of information, and be intraaccountant concerning market and society affairs («invoice-cheque-telematics»).
• Study of the possible social consequences derived from the telematic currency reformation: telematic archives of personal data under the protection of an independent of the state Justice, fiscal simplification, omniaccounting, exact mercometry, experimental economic science.
• Preparation of proposals on:
• «Clear free market and transparent society». To avoid transformation of «mercantile money» into «corrupt and power money», and avoid the mercantilization of vocations and liberal institutions.
• «Dialectics between “archy and anarchy”». To indicate with precision the functions of the social commanding organs at all levels in order to avoid their transformation into power against individual, social, and national persons.
• «Dialectics between private and public welfare». Formulation of the hypothesis of «mercantile public welfare», subject to possible technical experimentation with the «invoice-cheque-telematics».